My name is Laine Gavin. I am an artist at heart with a passion for creative design, photography, film and travel. I am a recent graduate of the Virtual Technology and Design program at the University of Idaho in Moscow.
I bring ambition, experience, and education in video, motion graphics and photography practices in the creative design arena. I am confident in photography, digital graphics and video production, and edit projects; with an eagerness to refine and develop my skills. I am committed to delivering a can-do attitude, maintain a keen eye for quality work and am energized by creative challenges.
- In-depth understanding of creative design principles/development digital media/film production, and knowledge of digital and print based mediums
- Advanced level in graphics and video post processing. Strong skill set in video shoot, production & edit projects with adapt and execute new skills quickly
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Science in Virtual Technology and Design
University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho — May 2017
- VTD is an industry-driven degree program that merges technology with the science of art and virtual design; emphasizing digital media and visual creativity to enhance user experiences to transform the way people across the globe work and play using technology.
- Graphic Design Pathway – Self initiated for career advancement with MOOC learning platform Coursera and Lynda.com. Courses completed in Branding Guidelines, Layouts, Typography and UX Design.
- Software proficiency – Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, After Effects, Final Cut Pro., Maya, Z=Brush, Microsoft Office Suite, and Macintosh OS
- Proven record to meet/exceed project deadlines. Adapt and prioritize in fast-paced, demanding environments – work independently/team
Advanced DSLR Photography and Image Editing ( 4 years) Broadcasting/Digital Media Production and Video Editing Advanced Animation — Advanced Character Design Integrated Design Process – Virtual Design I, II, III & IV Advanced Modeling — 2D/3D Lighting and Materials Theatrics, Stage Makeup and Costume Design
CLEARWATER GEAR, SANDPOINT• PRODUCTION INTERN • SUMMER 2016, OCTOBER 2017-Present Clearwater Gear is a company with 30+ years experience in designing and production of custom printed drinkware.
- Product photography and creative material for marketing and sales needs, to include use in brochures, website, and events
- Assist in daily operations, screen printing, etching, glassware production processes and packaging for shipments
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external resource to ensure products and services support customers’ needs.
- Provided support for floor crew, warehouse production design center, office, shipping and sales services