Video Production

To Meet

I was assigned a Script and asked to direct, film and edit. The focus of this project was all phases of the production process (pre-production, production and post-production)

My process:
• First was scouting exterior locations and story-boarding followed by finding cast.
• Next my cast and I went out and filmed while paying attention to white balance, audio, camera angles and more.
• In post-production, I edited everything in Final Cut Pro to produce the final film including audio and color correction.

This was my first time really being behind the camera for film. I thought I did well but there are areas for improvement. Audio was good but there were problems that could have been fixed and some camera angles and continuity were in need of some adjustment. I see why it’s usually a team effort. Trying to keep track of every little detail by yourself can be overwhelming.

Video Production

Marvel vs DC

The goal for this project was to have a 2-3 min. Interview on a topic with opposing sides. I decided to do my project on Marvel comics and DC comics. Other goals were following basic filming techniques such as rule of thirds and Using 3 three-point lighting.
My Process:
• Decided on topic, scouted location and found subjects to interview
• Create question and mock AV script
• Checkout all the proper equipment such as a Panasonic camera, tripod, Lav mic and Lowel tungsten lighting kit
• For the interview, Placed camera properly (angles, white balance, focus, etc.), setup mic and check audio, and adjust lighting
• Edit video and audio in Final Cut Pro using techniques such as J and L cuts and including cutaways
• Completed interview viewed by peers and professor for final critique
I thought I did well with the interview. My biggest critique would be with the cutaways. It was hard to find free, usable, good quality, comic content and then manipulate and place it how I needed it.

Animation

Billey Bones

Animation

Snowman Fun

This was a quick warm up animation for my advanced animation class. It was for an animation contest for which the theme had to be winter related and include certain characters or assets such as a penguin or Snowman The characters and trees were created in Zbrush. The environment and animating was done using 3ds Max and the final video editing was done using Adobe premiere.